Saturday, March 26, 2016

So this has been a pretty productive week!
  Firt off i ended up getting a new companion his name is Elder Monroy from Mexico, not sure how long he'll be with me though i think he's just a temporary comp, but next week are transfers so I guess we'll find out here soon! Feels pretty different here without E. Hurtado, but wow he's in Peru now doing his thing.. 2 years can fly by..
   So anyway at the first of the week we were teaching a lesson to a guy named C and his mom came up to us (shes like this principal of a school across the street) and she asked me if we could come give the kids a little bit of the Word of God, so we accepted haha! I didn't really know what to teach a little group of kids, so I taught them the doctrine that Jesus is happy when they are obedient and learn in school.. Then we taught them that the Mormons are good people, because the majority of this country grows up thinking that the Mormons are from the CIA haha! Then I ended up teaching the kids a little bit of English. I was just like repeat after me! and started speaking.. So now the kiddies know 2 important things.. Jesus is happy when they learn, and how to say "Elder Beard is cool" in english! They should be set
  So as well this week, as you guys can see, I had the chance to be a part of L and E Baptism.. Elder Hurtado and I found these two about 4 weeks ago and they had an immediate interest and a desire to change their lives.. Even within these short 4 weeks I can see the difference the Gospel has made in their lives.. It was super cool to be apart of yet another Noche Blanca here in the mission.. 11 different people got baptised last night and before the baptism's start E told me she always feels this peace when she's with us and when she's here in the church. I promised her it was the spirit and that she would be feeling a lot more of it soon.. They're going to love their journey in the Church,, and baptism is just the start! haha also I wish you guys could have seen the big smile on L face and the big wet hug that I got, when he came out of the water.. Defenitly a night that they and I will remember for the rest of my life. 
  So anyways this next week here is called Semana Santa.. Its basically our version of easter, but for an entire week here.. And you guys know what they like to do here for holidays haha, so this week is going to be pretty exciting.. I actually here Semana Santa is even crazier than Christmas! BUT to add to that, next week will be election week.. And i don't know if i've told you about the elections here, but they are nuts!! mobs will drive around town with flags and purple hats and stuff, following these semi's that are loaded with speakers on the back.. It will literally shake your whole body and your house!! Also they've always got their motor bikes doing wheelies and stuff,, they love to do wheelies.. And those are just little campaigns they have.. They say elections here are absolutely insane, plus, it will be during Semana Santa.. So yup I dont plan on walking with more than 100 pesos in my pocket for this week haha! Guess We'll see how things go, should be an exciting week. Also hope your week is exciting! I love and miss you guys and wish you guys have an awesome Semana Santa! 🎂
Elder Beard
P.S. I'll be on an exchange with Elder Kitchen this tuesday.. Them ol beaver boys back at it again!






No comments:

Post a Comment